skip to primary navigationskip to content

Information for supervisors

Reports and payment

CamCORS (the Cambridge Colleges' Online Reporting System for Supervisions) should be used by everyone supervising Part IB, Part II and Part III students to write supervision reports and claim payment for supervisions. Ask your College (or the College for which you are supervising) to register you to use CamCORS.


To claim payment for supervising MPhil and PhD students, use the following form:

Graduate supervision claim form

Supervisors are advised to obtain a National Insurance number (if they do not already have one) to ensure that they can receive payment for their work.

Supervision rooms

The availability of supervision rooms in the Department is severely limited, so please try to hold supervisions in your College whenever possible.

To book a room in the Department please contact the main office. Early booking is advisable. Please arrange your supervisions to start on the hour so the rooms can be used as efficiently as possible.

Email list

The hps-supervisors email list is used to communicate with everyone who supervises Part IB and Part II students in the Department.

Subscribe to hps-supervisors

Guides to supervising

For more information, see the Department's guides to supervising:

Training of graduate students who supervise undergraduates

The University is ensuring that all graduate students with supervisory or teaching responsibilities are appropriately trained. All graduate students intending to supervise are required to complete an online training package that will provide foundation (generic) information about the Cambridge supervision system.

Resources for HPS supervisors