skip to primary navigationskip to content


Difficulties can usually be resolved informally. Students who have a complaint about supervision or any other aspect of teaching should do the following:

  1. Speak to your Director of Studies/College Graduate Tutor or the course manager.
  2. Approach one of the Department's Dignity Officers (Hasok Chang and Liba Taub).

If the problem cannot be resolved, you should then follow the University's complaints procedure.

Student complaints procedure

Examination reviews

If you believe something has gone wrong during the examination process, you should follow the University's exam review procedure.

Examination reviews

Independent advice

The Students' Unions' Advice Service provides confidential, impartial and independent advice to students about academic-related issues and other matters.

Students' Unions' Advice Service