Senior Research Associate
Principal Investigator, European Research Council Project (2012–2016), 'Economics in the Public Sphere: USA, UK, France, Poland and Brazil since 1945'
Research interests: History of the Social Sciences; economic sociology; media studies; history of science communication.
- 'National Science Foundation patronage of social science, 1970s and 1980s: Congressional scrutiny, advocacy network, and the prestige of economics' (with Tom Scheiding), Minerva, forthcoming.
- 'Trust in Independence: The Identities of Economists in Business Magazines, 1945–1970', Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences (2011) 47(4): 359–379.
- 'Invasion of the bloggers – a preliminary study on the demography and content of the economic blogosphere', in Companion to Recent Economic Methodology, D. Wade Hands and John B. Davis (eds.) (2011) Edward Elgar, chapter 21, pp. 514–524.
- 'The Enemy Within: Academic Freedom in 1960s and 1970s American Social Sciences', History of Political Economy (2010) 42(5): 77–104.
- 'Inside the Black Box: The Role of Shocking Errors in Growth Theory' (with Francisco Louca), History of Political Economy (2009) 41(5): 334–355.
- 'Migrations and Boundary Work: Harvard, Radical Economists and the Committee on Political Discrimination', Science in Context (2009) 22(1): 115–143.
- 'The Role of Life Histories in Writing the History of Heterodox Economics: Identity and Difference in Radical Economics' (with Frederic S. Lee), History of Political Economy (2007) 39(5): 154–171.
- 'Constructing Identity: The Post Keynesians and the Capital Controversies', Journal of the History of Economic Thought (2004) 26(2), June: 241–249.