Research interests: Medieval medicine and science; image-making in medicine; medical books and the circulation of medical information.
Peter Murray Jones is a Fellow and the Librarian of King's College, Cambridge. He is a one of the co-applicants of the Wellcome Trust Strategic Award on 'Generation to Reproduction', headed by Nick Hopwood.
In 2005 he was a co-organiser of the Cambridge Illuminations exhibition at the Fitzwilliam Museum, and in 2004 curated The Art of Medicine exhibition at the Beinecke Library, Yale.
- 'Witnesses to Medieval Medical Practice in the Harley Collection', Electronic British Library Journal, article 8 (2008), 1–13
- 'The Tabula medicine: an Evolving Encyclopedia', English Manuscript Studies 1100–1700, vol. 14, Regional Manuscripts 1200–1700 , ed. A.S.G. Edwards (2008), pp. 60–85
- 'University books and the sciences, c.1250–1400', in The Cambridge History of the Book in Britain, vol. II (1100–1400), ed. N. Morgan, R.M. Thomson (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008), pp. 453–62
- 'Herbs and the Medieval Surgeon', in Health and Healing from the Medieval Garden, ed. P. Dendle, A. Touwaide (Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 2008), pp. 162–79
- 'Amulets: prescriptions and surviving objects from late medieval England' in Beyond Pilgrim Souvenirs and Secular Badges: Essays in Honour of Brian Spencer, ed. S. Blick (Oxford: Oxbow Books, 2007), pp. 92–107
- 'Picturing Medicine in the Age of Petrarch', in Petrarca e la Medicina. Atti del Convegno di Capo d'Orlando, 27-28 giugno 2003, ed. M. Berté, V. Fera, T. Pesenti (Messina: Centro Interdipartimentale di Studi Umanistici, 2006), pp. 179–200
- 'Medical Libraries', in A History of Libraries in Britain and Ireland, vol.1, ed. E. Leedham-Green, Teresa Webber (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006), pp. 461–71
- 'Word and Image in Medieval Medicine', in Visualizing Medieval Medicine and Natural History, 1200–1550, ed. J. Givens, K. Reeds, A. Touwaide (Aldershot: Ashgate, 2006), pp.1–24
Postal address: The Library, King's College, Cambridge CB2 1ST